New Jersey versus. T. T. O. Queries
1 . The moment should the police have the right to search you or your property? -- reasonable environment to believe that the student offers evidence of unlawful activity or activity that will interfere with university discipline. вЂќ 2 . When ever should a school employee have right to search you or your possessions? - a school official may well properly conduct a search of student's person if the official has a reasonable suspicion that the crime has become committed or perhaps reasonable cause to believe which the search is essential to maintain institution discipline or enforce college policies. вЂќ FACTS OF THE CASE:
3. How old was T. D. O.?
- 14 year old
four. What was T. L. Um. caught doing?
- Cigarette smoking in the bath room.
five. What did T. L. O. declare when he was found?
- Your woman had by no means smoke in her your life.
6. What did the Vice-Principal perform next?
- She named the cops
six. What do the Vice- President discover in Capital t. L. O's possession? - she found a small amount of cannabis, a pipe, and a large amount of money and a catalog card using a list of students that due T. M. O. cash.
8. Capital t. L. O. was incurred with what criminal offenses?
- Medication dealing
9. What did T. L. To. try to have done with the proof against her? What cause did Big t. L. O. give? --
10. What did the Juvenile The courtroom decide?
-- court arranged that searches by school officials usually do not violate the Fourth Amendment as long as the official provides " fair grounds to believe that a college student possesses evidence of illegal activity or activity that would hinder school self-discipline 11. When ever T. L. O. become a huge hit the case towards the New Jersey Supreme Court, the fact that was decided? -
doze. Where do the state of Nj appeal the case to?
-- Juvenile court
13. Who did the Supreme Court rule in favour of?
- THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY
13. What was the Supreme Court's reasoning?
-- THE LEGALITY (WETHER IT CAN LEGAL OR PERHAPS NOT) OF ANY SEARCH OF THE STUDENT SHOULD DEPEND JUST ON REASONABLENESS UNDER EACH OF THE...